Wednesday, August 5, 2009

...ok...so...did you miss us?



i want to start out this LONG OVERDUE post by admitting a few things. 1) We moved to Los Osos in April. 2) Hayvn turned ONE in May. 3) Hayvn started walking on July 8th (an early gift for Jess' bday). And 4) i think i've come to terms with my hatred over blogs and blogging. i don't facebook. i don't twitter. and while i claim that i don't do these things because what i really want is more real intimacy with my friends who do, i ultimately think that my absence is due in large part to my belief that the goings on of my little family are of little interest to people outside of our immediate circle. i could be wrong. i could be right. regardless, i think that i'll venture to say that everyone could benefit from seeing more hayvn. i know i always can. and i apologize for keeping him from you.

so, with that said, i think i'll dip my toes back into the blogging realm, hoping that my posts reach friends/family who we don't see nearly enough.

as a little teaser of more to come, here are some shots of hayvn that our friend anna took on his 1st birthday! to say i'm still in shock over his rapid growth and maturity would be stating the obvious. i think i'm beginning to understand why people have more than one kid...they grow up so darn fast you seek to slow it all down by repeating the process. i can't say we're there, but dang boy, ease up on the growing up!




4 comments:

THE WHITTINGTONS said...

What a cutie! And yes, with our move to Austin, I definitely do not see enough of Hayvn (or any of the Davenports for that matter). Thanks for sharing your sweet boy with us.

Jenn said...

I always need more davenport in my life. Please. You have starved me long enough. Beautiful, beautiful child

Jenn

Unknown said...

Thank you! Geez, it's been long enough. I have very much missed you and your blogging skeels...

Cheer up, Old Bean! said...

those pics your friend anna took are soooooooooo amazing!!! every one of them is a little gem!!! Glad you're back, but I think I've been away just as long as you have, so I'm lucky I got to see you in real life!